LBCA welcomes players of all levels, from beginners to advanced.
8 week sessions: Nov 3rd - Dec 21 st
Jan 5th - Feb 23rd
Mar 1st - Apr 19th
Apr 26th- June 14th
Beginner Class: 5-6 PM
Advanced Class: 6-7 PM
Yardley location : 64 S Main St, Yardley, PA 19067
Are you new to the world of chess or looking to sharpen your skills from the ground up? Our “Introduction to Chess for Beginners” class is the perfect starting point for anyone eager to learn this timeless and strategic game. This class is designed for individuals of all ages with little to no prior chess experience.
• Chess Basics: You’ll begin with the absolute fundamentals, from understanding the chessboard and its layout to recognizing each piece’s movement and value.
• Rules and Etiquette: Learn the rules of chess, including how to set up the board, make legal moves, and grasp the nuances of chess etiquette.
• Opening Principles: Explore key opening principles and strategies to set you on the path to a strong game right from the start.
• Tactical Play: Dive into tactics such as pins, forks, skewers, and more, which will enable you to outmaneuver your opponent.
• Endgame Fundamentals: Understand the basics of endgame play, including checkmating with a king and queen or king and rook.
• Practice and Play: Put your newfound knowledge into practice through friendly games and exercises with fellow beginners.
• Duration: This is a 8-week class, with each session lasting 1 hour.
• Schedule: Classes will be held on Fridays from 6PM-7PM.
• Location: Yardley Community Center .
• Materials: All necessary materials, including chess sets and instructional materials, will be provided.
Whether you want to impress your friends with your chess skills or aspire to compete in local chess tournaments, this beginner’s class is your gateway to the world of chess. Our experienced instructors will guide you through the basics and help you build a solid foundation for your chess journey. Join us and embark on an exciting chess adventure!
This class is perfect for those who have a solid understanding of the game’s fundamentals and are eager to explore complex strategies and tactics.
• Advanced Openings: Delve into intricate opening systems, including classic and modern variations, and understand the nuances of each.
• Tactical Mastery: Explore advanced tactics such as discovered attacks, intermezzo, and tactical combinations that can lead to powerful advantages.
• Endgame Techniques: Master complex endgame scenarios, including various checkmating patterns and understanding pawn structures in the endgame.
• Strategic Planning: Develop a deeper understanding of strategic concepts, such as outposts, piece activity, and long-term planning.
• Positional Play: Learn how to create and exploit weaknesses in your opponent’s position while fortifying your own.
• Game Analysis: Analyze and dissect famous games from grandmasters, honing your analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Tournament Preparation: Get ready for competitive play by studying tournament strategies, time management, and mental preparation.
• Duration: This is an 8-week class, with each session lasting 1 hour.
• Schedule: Classes will be held on Fridays from 7-8PM.
• Location: Yardley Community Center.
• Prerequisites: Participants should have a strong understanding of chess fundamentals.
This advanced class is your gateway to a higher level of chess expertise, whether you’re aiming for a national ranking, competitive success, or just seeking to enhance your understanding and enjoyment of the game. Our experienced instructors will guide you through the complexities of advanced chess, helping you refine your skills and strategy. Join us for an intellectually stimulating and competitive chess experience!
Advanced classes feature weekly USCF rated tournament play with post-match analysis by NM Bela Kis. Players of all levels have the unique opportunity to advance their skills with live expert analysis every week!
All classes are taught by National Life Master, former PA State Quick Champion, Bela Kis.
Beginner Classes are held Monday's, from 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Advanced Classes are held Monday's, from 7:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Lower Bucks Chess League results can be viewed here.